Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bathroom Remodel Phase 3 Complete!

This bathroom remodel has taken a few months to complete. Uh, wait a minute. I should correct that to YEARS! I just remembered that I posted the first phases of this multi-phase project some time ago. So I looked it up and it was in 2012! Here is a recap of what I posted back then.

Phase 1 - Remove and replace the old toilet and vinyl flooring.
Phase 2 - Sand off old wall texture and repaint walls with mottled look. Replace light fixture, towel rack, mirror, and shower curtain.

The old lilac bathroom

The textured wall was no fun to sand down.







All that work was completed in the fall of 2012. A year and several months later I finally decided to finish the job. I wanted to have a tile counter. I found some 6 inch tiles that were left over from the kitchen remodel several years ago. I also found some small brown glass tiles from my table resurfacing project. Kevin wanted an above counter vessel type sink so I found a number of beautiful brown glass sinks on line. Kevin found a sink and faucet combo and ordered it. As soon as the sink got here we started Phase 3.

Phase 3 - Remove and replace the old counter and sink. Refinish the oak cabinets with a darker stain.

This is the old finish and counter top.

Lots more sanding

This is the dark finish.



DONE!

The finished product. Finally.




No comments: